Mold Growth is Found
WE MAKE Restoration
Mold is a serious issue that effects health and property. We can help mitigate your loss both to your home and your pocket.
CONTACT US TODAY TO SCHEDULE A FREE MOLD INSPECTION.
Mold Removal and Remediation
Don’t pay high mold remediation costs if it’s not absolutely necessary! Because it’s your home, your family’s health, and you should know some simple principles. There are two guiding rules that Home Angels follows to determine if mold remediation is absolutely necessary:
- 1. If the area of mold is visibly greater than 10 square feet, then it is necessary to perform professional containment, and mold remediation. At this quantity it is not required to do any sort of indoor air quality testing, but would be recommended to know if any toxic mold exists.
- 2. If there are no visible signs of mold or it is less than 10 square feet then a homeowner has to perform a mold assessment. This will determine if the mold is harmful or toxic mold. The assessment will also determine if remediation is necessary, and to the extent the area must be remediated. Make sure that the assessor is licensed to not just take air samples, but has the qualifications to give an actual assessment of the labs findings and property.
- ➢ Black Mold Fact: There is over 100,000 different types of mold, that come in all different colors, shapes, and sizes, so just because it is black does not mean it’s toxic!
Home Angels has engineered a 5 day system that is guaranteed to remove the mold from your home, and get your air quality back to safe levels!
- ✓ Setup Negative Pressure Containment Chamber – This prevents the mold from being able to travel outside the contained area.
- ✓ Mold Removal and Cleanup – Remove & discard all affected porous building materials two feet beyond the visible end point of the molds growth.
- ✓ HEPA Vacuum – Using High-efficiency particulate air vacuum’s to remove any debris left behind from the initial mold removal.
- ✓ Micro Clean – Sand down all wood framing, HEPA vacuum all surfaces, wipe down any non-porous building materials, damp wipe any mold particles from the floor, walls, containment, and encapsulate any porous framing or structural elements.
- ✓ Air Wash - The process of using pressurized air movement to disturb any mold particles from their surfaces back into the air so that the air scrubbers and HEPA filters can filter the mold out.
- ✓ Final Mold Cleanup – Wipe down all surfaces inside containment.
- ✓ Air Scrub - Let air scrubbers run for a full 24 hour period, filtering out mold particles inside containment.
- ✓ Air Scrub – Let HEPA air scrubbers filter out the air for an additional 24 hours.
- ✓ Equipment shutdown – At the end of this second 24 hour period we turn off the equipment to stop any turbulent air flow, and get accurate test results.
- ✓ Call in for testing.
- ✓ Post indoor air quality testing – This insures the levels of mold spores has returned to a safe normal levels.
- ✓ Containment removal – Once we have gotten a clearance from the mold assessor then we removal all the mold containment materials from the home.
Indoor mold exposure, because of developments and major improvements in home energy efficiency, has become a relatively recent concern for homeowners. Although we don’t have a complete understanding of mold, and sometimes, we can’t even see it, we can still recognize symptoms that may be attributed to indoor mold:
- • Sneezing
- • Coughing
- • Eye irritation
- • Nasal congestion
- • Runny nose
- • Skin rash
- • Difficulty breathing
This list is not comprehensive, as there is still quite a bit about mold and its effects on health that we do not know. A physician should be contacted if you believe you or someone close to you is experiencing health issues as a result of exposure to mold.
Who is a high risk candidate for mold exposure?
- • Pregnant women
- • Children and infants
- • Elderly
- • Individuals with immuno-compromising diseases or conditions (e.g. those with HIV, certain cancers, etc.)
- • Individuals with respiratory disorders (e.g. those with Asthma, allergies, etc.)
Again, anyone who thinks they have symptoms related to mold exposure should see a doctor. And have any visible mold greater than 10 square feet removed immediately, and a mold assessment completed for anything less.
Call Home Angels for Free Consultation 561-288-5274